| Borrowing Services
- We lend books, magazines, audiobooks and music on CDs, videocassettes and DVD's, book-and-CD, and Large Print books.
- Interlibrary loan - if we don't have it, we'll find it for you.
- Reserve service for titles that are checked out.
- Books for adult new readers.
- Maine State Library offers a federally-funded Talking Books program, which provides recorded books and special players free to persons who are blind, visually impaired, physically handicapped or who have a doctor-certified reading disability. Click here for more information on the program.
- Telephone and in-house answers to questions of all sorts.
- Online subscription resources and Internet access
- Reader's advisory service - if you're not quite sure what you want to read.
- Online Minerva catalog with access to MaineCat - a listing of our collection and the holdings of other Maine libraries.
- Newspaper index of the Journal-Tribune and the Biddeford-Saco-OOB Courier.
- Genealogy resources, including census information, obituaries, and birth & marriage indices.
- Local newspapers on microfilm.
- Morningstar and Value Line investment information services.
Other Community Services
- Use of Community Room and Small Group Meeting Room for meetings and workshops - email firstname.lastname@example.org to request bookings or ask for more information - refer to our Meeting Room policy on our Policies page for additional information.
- Museum passes to the Children's Museum of Maine and the Portland Museum of Art.
- Public computers with Internet access, Microsoft Office programs, and games. By using our computer or Internet resources, users agree to abide by our Internet Safety Policy. Please review our Policies page for more information.
- Building-wide wireless Internet access.
- Art exhibits.
- Limited IRS tax form distribution: Forms 1040, 1040EZ and 1040A will available, but due to budget cuts, the IRS will not be supplying other forms or any instruction books to libraries. Click here for more information about obtaining tax forms.
- Southern ME Agency on Aging Senior Advocate to assist seniors with applying for entitlement programs such as Medicare Plan D. Call 284-4181 for more information
- BookShare outreach to day cares and preschools.
- Historic photograph and documents collections.
- Office space for the Biddeford Historical Society and the Franco-American Genealogical Society of York County.
Portland Public Library Cards
Residents of York and Cumberland Counties may bring photo ID and proof of address to us and we will give you a Portland Public Library card. This will enable you to borrow materials from the state's largest public library and to take advantage of their many Internet-based services, including downloadable audiobooks and ebooks from Netlibrary and genealogical and business resources, among others. For a full description of these services, visit their website.